Saturday, August 9, 2014

trouble in birdland

It's been an interesting week over here in the beast factory.

Firstly, we had an interview and photo shoot with a local magazine!  The article is set, we think, to come out in the September issue.  More on that if (when) it actually happens. 

Secondly, we had our first ever experience where somebody was downright angry about a spirit animal.  It was a hummingbird.  And she was angry because I apparently gave it to her attractive husband weeks ago.  (I had no idea-- couldn't remember the guy or the beast, which she found very hard to believe.  Shows how much she knows about this project and the people running it.)  She went so far as to introduce me to the hummingbird husband-- who I still did not remember-- but I think the hummingbird was right on-- playful, fiercely independent (I mean, the wife wouldn't be so worried otherwise, right?) fast moving, turns on a dime.  Hummingbirds are filled with energy.  Until they're not.  Folks with a hummingbird totem need to be careful to refuel and rest once in a while or they'll burn out.   
      I tried to explain that I am interested in the animal spirits, not the human ones; but it was evident that this woman was not digging my dirt.  She was maybe a wolf spider.  Or a praying mantis.  Either which way, it was weird.  From now on, I'm going to be careful about animal spirits and married men...ha!  NOPE!  Ridiculous!

Lastly, Sunday SUPER Moon.  Happy last days of summer!  Watch your pockets, friends!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment