Monday, June 23, 2014

Post SUNday sunday

Post SUNday Sunday. 

It was a weird weekend.  Something in the air.  Summertime, I guess.

I gave a little bear to a nice couple from Murrells Inlet-- a couple doing shots of Rumplemintz at 3 in the afternoon.  I think I gave them a bear.  A bush bear, maybe.  Or a raccoon?

Bears can mean so many things-- but sending it out on the day after the summer solstice is a reminder that it's time to stop hibernating.  Solitude and rest are important, but they're not everything.  Stop thinking, start doing.  Come on out of the caves, bear people!

I think my father was probably part bear.  I've always had love for bears.  And I love the spring-- but I have to be honest, I'm glad it's over.  It's just so MUCH.  All that light all of a sudden: I think it tends to wash out some important details, illuminate things which maybe would be better off staying in the darkness.  It's hard to remember the lessons when you're hit with all that good light.

We've been bumbling around in the sunshine, half blind, going on smell and instinct-- but now our eyes are adjusting: I for one am seeing it.  Patterns, cycles, pitfalls.  Time to realign. 

It's a new world, bears.  And thank the Universe, it's finally summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment