Friday, May 15, 2015

Spring to summer

Spring is a short season in the part of the world.  Some years, it seems to go straight from winter to heat stroke overnight.  We've had a decent spring this year.  I'm grateful for that.   

I went to The Brooklyn Arts Center on Tuesday night. (Have I mentioned that the live music season is upon us?)   I listened to some interesting, but maybe a bit longwinded, didgeridoo music.  Gave away a red fox with a blue crystal on his back.  We deal in foxes all the time-- we love foxes!  But this was a good one, kind of marking the end of my spring spirit animal hunt.

 Foxes are loyal and meet up with the same mate year after year.  But then they separate-- fox females roam alone for 6 months out of the year.  I like this about foxes.  They don't stand in each other's sunshine.  In a fox world, family and individual are not mutually exclusive.  They are wild and free to wander.  A matrimonial inspiration, really.  Who got the fox?  Who knows?  Maybe I left him in the cab?  Or possibly he disappeared with my sunglasses?  Bermuda triangle?  Or maybe I found a fox?  Your guess is as good at mine.

I'm currently in the process of making some spirit animal wedding cake toppers.  And a hummingbird for my 90 year old grandmother.  But don't worry!  Sunday I will be out on the town, looking for a lynx.  And the hunt continues into summer!  More later, spirit people.   

No comments:

Post a Comment