Sunday, May 11, 2014

Duck, duck, cow

Out on the town with a little meditating brown cow.

I've had my fair share of problems with the old Duck and Dive and have been boycotting them for a while.  Mostly a mental boycott.  But they had a dream team of bartenders in there last night, so I broke the boycott for a beer. 

The woman working the door... I've seen her.  I've heard her.  She was in the Barbary, months ago, and I remember she came in all worked up, telling a story-- she used the term "double d backpack"-- I have no idea what it means, but I wrote it down in my notebook I was so impressed by it.  Hilarious. And here she is, working the door at the Duck, making me fill out a membership while I'm half-drunk.  When she spoke I recognized the voice.  So she gets the cow. 

And you know I love cows.  Especially on mother's day.  Cows are The Great Mothers-- in all the important ways-- protective and strong and giving.  They take care of their herd.  Lots of integrity in the cow.  Lots of spirit, too. 

The best thing about cows: they don't sweat the small stuff.  There is grass everywhere.  They eat the grass.  They enjoy life.  They march forward.  They SENSE danger-- in their bones-- so they don't have to waste time or headspace worrying.  Cows know that there is PLENTY. 

There is a Scandinavian legend that a primordial cow rose from the frozen earth, licked the ice, and that's how life began.  And you know the Hindus with their sacred cows.  Point is: cows are important.  Maybe we should think about them.  And our mothers.  And mothers in general.  And moon goddesses.

Happy Moon Herders Day! 





     

No comments:

Post a Comment