Friday, May 23, 2014

Somethings happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear.


A good seven months ago and few hundred miles west, I left this weird guy on this sign post. 


I had been distributing these things for a while-- but never with any intentions to track them.  It just really amused me to imagine people finding them in their pockets or helmets or lunchboxes.  Still does.  So this was before the tracking.  No tags.  Naked.

Since the very beginning  I have had people out there helping me-- other people that have been equally amused by this project.  People who have been brave or drunk enough to approach an open pocket or purse.  People who have been discerning enough to be able to tell a hawk from a goat and a pelican from a frog.  People who think it's funny or fun or meaningful or whatever. 

This weird blobby melty guy belongs to one of them.  I didn't even make him.

I took the picture because I wanted to share his placement with the gal that made him.  And then I left him there, on that sign, to find a home.  In October.  Near Asheboro.

SO...  Last night, in perhaps the weirdest most unlikely spirit animal occurrence EVER, I found THIS SAME WEIRD GUY in a planter on Water Street in downtown Wilmington. 

So he's back in my house now.  Back to the land of his conception.  And I have to be honest: it kind of freaks me out. 

 
What, what, what is the universe trying to tell me?  Should I expect them all to come back?  Is this some crazy trippy synchronicity?  Is the blob MY spirit animal?  Or maybe I should be worried that some nut job is following me around trying to make me lose my mind?  (Well played, Nut Job.  Well played.)
 
No, no, no... certainly it's good luck, right? 
 
One thing is for sure: It's a very weird world out there, folks.  VERY WEIRD! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment