Monday, April 7, 2014

GFLA opening! One of the smallest, quaintest, best outdoor venues ever.  Umphrees Mcgee.  This show was really LOUD.  I was standing by a speaker and the sound was blowing my hair back.  Or maybe it was the wind.  The loud rock and roll wind.

I left a little sitting deer on the speaker.  When I did it, some stranger a few rows back gave me a thumbs up.  I watched for a while but nobody grabbed it.  I feel like the speaker animals usually get got by the sound techs.  But who knows?  And the thumbs up made me feel accomplished-- like that stranger was in on the game, like this project is really digging in.

I gave a small hedgehog to a very large hippie dude.  Handed it right to him.  He seemed super unimpressed.  Like, oh geez, "you people and your  hedgehogs."  But the truth is: the guy was a hedgehog if I ever saw one.  King of hedgehogs, maybe.

Big couple of weeks coming up.  Lots of outside music.  Lots of animals.  Lots of spirit.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment