Saturday, April 12, 2014

where the wildthings were (not at widespread)

Three little beauties made their way into the world last night: a vulture, a tortoise, and a flounder-hawk.  The beasts are getting bigger and better as it's nearing the end of this winter batch.

It was a late one, but worth it to see Melvin Seals and his awesome back up singers.  I put the vulture on a speaker and took a picture-- a little while later it was still there, so I knocked it into an open purse. 

I put a little green standing tortoise amongst the glass pipes at the Lovelight table.  This isn't your typical turtle.  He's a brave one.  Out of his shell.  Somebody got that one, for sure.  I wanted to get the vulture over there, you know, a commentary on selling art and all, but the vulture couldn't stand on his own and we were getting weird looks by then.



The flounder-hawk went with a guy in a red baseball hat who was dancing dancing dancing and having a really great time.  Spreading a good vibe.  I handed it to him while passing by.  I said, "Just take it." He did.  Flounderhawk.  Fish AND feather.  This guy must be something. 

All in all it was a good one.  I love the old school grateful dead crowd.  They totally get this spirit animal business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment